Friday 11 November 2011


These are a few examples of Mastheads that i may use. I have decided that i am most likely going to be using Wide Latin so this shows a few different colour choices and other things such as stroke width. I have also asked a few students which Masthead they would prefer on the front cover of a college magazine.

This was my first choice for a masthead. I believe it is a good choice as it catches peoples attention when they read it. One of the downsides of this font could be that pink is seen as a girls colour so boys may not be interested in reading this magazine.



After deciding the previous font may be too focused on a female audience, i decided to draft a different masthead. Blue is a neutral colour so it would attract both genders of my target audience. Although blue seems abit lifeless and boring and thats not what i want people to think my magazine is like.


I wanted an eyecatching title so in this masthead i used non complimentary colours to attract the attention of students. This may be too different for some peope and may be seen as unappealing if placed on a magazine cover.





This was my final draft of a masthead and i think its very effective as it may be black which is seen as a boring colour. Although the pink outline makes it stand out more and gives it a 'neon' feel which suggests fun and excitement.


After asking other students about which masthead they think would be best for the front cover. They decided that my last one was the best choice for the reasons that i have stated. Its different and exciting but not too outrageous, this makes it the perfect choice for my front cover. 













No comments:

Post a Comment